In an effort to save money and eat healthier I have been incorporating more vegetarian recipes into our diet. The last week or so I have been scouring the web and finding as many great recipes as I can. I have a folder in my OneNote that holds all of my vegetarian recipes. So I decided it was time to share some of my favorites with you. I am sorry there is no pictures. I just didn’t have time to write the blogs and ask permission. But I can tell you that all of them look as good as they taste!
I used to be a vegetarian and was one for many years. My family though is big meat eaters and always have been. So trying to get them to eat any meal without meat is a chore. Also, I want to make sure they get all the protein the need. They are getting more used to it but I still get the groan and eye roll when I tell them we are going meatless for dinner. I have learned that the bolder, more flavorful I make the meal the better they enjoy it. Asian influenced meals are really popular as well as Italian. Also, anything included in Tacos is a big hit with the girls.
I started out slow and with some vegetarian recipes I knew the girls would eat. The Grilled Portobello Tacos listed below was a huge hit since the girls both love portobello mushrooms. I also try to mix it up and not just do dinner. Sometimes we will have meatless lunch and the Grilled White House Pizza is a favorite for it. Breakfast is always vegetarian because my girls are not big breakfast eaters. They have always been the type to grab some fruit and go. On weekends they will skip breakfast and just go for lunch ( drives me nuts). I will admit I have to be picky when I choose my vegetarian recipes. No matter how good it looks if it has something they don’t like they aren’t eating it.
Also, by not including meat in every meal we are able to save money. Meat is getting expensive and sometimes my grocery bill screams mercy when I hit the meat case. If you are looking to save money on your grocery bill I can honestly say that replacing 2 meals a week with vegetarian options helps a lot! Whether you do it once a week or once a month I hope you find a great recipe below for your next meatless meal!
- Chickpea Burgers & Tahini Sauce
- Vegetarian Club
- Vegetable Quiche
- Calzones ( can also be made for the meat eater in your life!)
- Grilled Portobello Tacos with Salsa Verde
- Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- Portobello Pastrami
- Vietnamese Summer Rolls with Mango and Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce ( I want these, like right now!)
- Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich ( I love the name of this guys blog. Granted it is a play on his last name, but it still gives me a giggle!)
- Eggplant and Zucchini Gratin
- Grilled White House Pizza
- Sweet n Spicy Potato Ravioli
- Cauliflower Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- Portobello Wellington
- Butternut Squash-Kale Tart
- Sweet Potato Quinoa Balls (This can be done in the slow cooker!)
- Mashed Potato Fritters
- Mushroom and Caramelized-Shallot Strudel
- Baked Polenta with Mushrooms
- Creamed Kale
- Caramelized Onion, Mushroom & Gruyere Tartlets
If you liked this post please don’t forget to pin it so you can find it again 🙂
Latest posts by Bobbie (see all)
- Everything You Need To Know About Brakes In One Article - Aug 8, 2019
- DIY Car Tips - Aug 8, 2019
- How To Make Your Car Last For 10 Years - Aug 8, 2019