Sometimes I want something really quick for dinner! I am talking at least 30 minutes or less! This is when my Shrimp Fried Rice Quesadillas Recipe comes in handy. I found it on Taste of Home and it has been a favorite with my girls! I am always looking for ways to make my dishes more healthy and also, for more recipes! Thanks to itsgoodtoknow.com I always have a great recipe at my fingertips! Since I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter is made with 70% less saturated fat and 30% fewer calories than butter, I know I am giving something good to my girls. Also, since it contains no cholesterol or hydrogenated oils, I know I am giving something good to myself too. At my age I need to watch everything that enters my mouth because I want to stay around for a long time and see my girls do great things.
This recipe is really simple! All you need is a few ingredients and you are on your way. You can make this meal for under $20.00, which means it is easy on my budget. It makes around 6 servings which is perfect for a semi-large family or a small family that likes to have left overs.
My favorite is the sticks because I can use them for just about everything. Baking, spreading, cooking and even broiling. They melt wonderful and when you use them in your favorite cookie recipe you won’t even know it is not “butter”. They are easy to use because they are labeled clearly for measuring out. I always keep one in the butter dish, softened for grilled cheese or toast. I hate getting out hard butter and trying to spread it on fresh bread. It tears the bread up and makes for a yucky sandwich.
All of the ingredients for this recipe came from Walmart. I love Walmart ( like you all didn’t know that!) and I really find the freshest ingredients! I needed two peppers for this recipe, one green and one red. I got them for 50 cents a piece! Yes, only 50 cents a piece. I did my crazy happy dance in Walmart. I would show you but I only do it around my girls because I love embarrassing them. ( score one for Mom!) They always have a large selection of veggies and ethnic foods. I know I can find everything I need at my local Walmart and I love that!
Speaking of Walmart..Do you like to shop there? If so, please enter to win a $50.00 Walmart gift code! All you have to do is follow the Rafflecopter below! You need to be 18 or over, US only. Giveaway ends June 27th @ 12 Midnight EST.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 1 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined and cut into pieces
- 1 small onion
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 1 small green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- <span class=”gmw_”>In a small skillet, saute the shrimp, onion and peppers in 1 tablespoon butter until shrimp turn pink; remove and keep warm.</span>
- <span class=”gmw_”>In a small bowl, whisk the egg. In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter until hot. Add egg; cook and stir over medium heat until egg is completely set. Stir in the rice, soy sauce and shrimp mixture.</span>
- Spread remaining butter over one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas butter side down, on a griddle. Place a slice of cheese on each tortilla. Sprinkle shrimp mixture over half of each tortilla. Fold over and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
Cooking your favorite recipes using Unilever buttery spreads is a deliciously smart move. With 0g trans fats per serving, less saturated fat and fewer calories than butter, cholesterol-free spreads are a better option.Visit itsgoodtoknow.com for more information and recipe ideas now! This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Unilever.
Latest posts by Bobbie (see all)
- The Top 10 Shows To Watch on Netflix On Your New LG OLED From Best Buy! - Nov 20, 2014
- New York City, Chocolate, and Cookies- A Match Made In Heaven - Nov 12, 2014
- My Journey To A Brand New Smile With Affordable Dentures - Nov 11, 2014