I am always looking for easy and delicious. So when Simply Asia asked me to come up with 3 recipes using their brand for a blogger challenge I was all over it! I came up with 3 but my favorite is the Kung Pao Chicken and Cream Cheese Wontons! I would love it if you would vote for it in their food challenge! It is easy to vote:
- Like the page
- Click on View entries
- Click on the Kung Pao Chicken and Cream Cheese Wontons pic and then vote!
See, easy peasy!
- 1 12oz cup of soft cream cheese
- 1 8oz bag of Grilled and Ready Chicken, diced small ( I use Tyson. It is found in the meat section or by the packaged lunch meat in your store. You can seen an example [url href="http://www.walmart.com/ip/Grilled-Ready-Oven-Roasted-Diced-Chicken-Breast/14664700" target="_blank"]HERE[/url])
- <span class=”gmw_”>1 <span class=”gm_ gm_d78c045c-316c-af26-9f0c-b9a1f6eacaea gm-spell”>tbsp</span>. Garlic</span> ( I used a clove but you can use powdered. It is totally your preference.)
- <span class=”gmw_”>3 <span class=”gm_ gm_7646daa5-4a0c-4dad-4462-04cf0720178f gm-spell”>tbsp</span>. Simply Asia Kung Pao Stir Fry Sauce</span>
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 30 Wonton Wrappers
- In a medium bowl mix together cream cheese, chicken, garlic, sauce and onion.
- <span class=”gmw_”>In a small bowl beat egg with<span class=”gm_ gm_6f9eea70-49be-7502-be80-6726be633b74 gm-spell gm_tiny”> </span>whisk.</span>
- <span class=”gmw_”>In a large heavy pot start heating your oil to 375 degrees. Use a deep fry <span class=”gm_ gm_6f4117e7-8c1b-c0ac-c306-f954ac73617d gm-spell”>thememorter</span> to get a correct reading on the oils temperature.</span>
- <span class=”gmw_”>Working on wax paper, lay down your wonton wrapper. Using a pastry brush, brush a little of the beaten egg on the sides of the wrapper. Place 1 <span class=”gm_ gm_999e51de-4c6d-1f27-2555-43fcf3fa2c86 gm-spell”>tsp</span><span class=”gmw_”>. of the mixture in the middle of the wrapper. Pinch the sides up until the mixture <span class=”gm_ gm_49ed37c0-9e39-63fc-7d12-e47983bb7ae7 gm-spell”>is</span> completely sealed inside the wrapper. Lay on a wire rack until you are ready to fry. Do this until you have used up all your wrappers.</span></span>
- Drop 4 or 5 of your wontons into the hot oil and fry until they are golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.