It’s Fall Y’all! It is my favorite time of year and I am so excited it is here! Halloween is just a few days away and Apple season is in full bloom. If you are like me you are probably trying to figure out what to do with all those apples! Well, I have you covered! I have two very exciting apple recipes for you!
The first one is Homemade Caramel and Apple Muffins! These are made from scratch but don’t let that scare you. It is a super easy recipe and they taste divine! They are best served warm with a little caramel sauce drizzled over the top.
Homemade Apple and Caramel Muffins
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter- melted completely
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple ( I used Granny Smith)
- 12 caramels, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted completely
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bow combine the floud, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, butter, and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples and caramel.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes and then serve warm.