Easy Slow Cooker Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
In the winter my slow cooker gets a workout. There is just something warm and comforting about putting a meal together and having it simmering all day long. If you haven’t yet, you should totally check out my December slow cooker menu. While I mostly make full dinners in the slow cooker, I sometimes make just a side dish. Like my Easy Slow Cooker Bacon Macaroni and Cheese. It is like the best of both worlds. Bacon and Macaroni and Cheese. In all honesty, you could make this your meal. It is that rich and satisfying.
I have made this on the stovetop and it is easy to make that way too but for some reason it just tastes more flavorful and creamy in the slow cooker. I use the best cheeses and cook my bacon fresh even though you could totally use bacon bits. The Worcestershire sauce adds just enough kick to really bring out the flavor in the sauce. Once you make it you may find it hard to go back to regular macaroni and cheese. Easy Bacon Macaroni and Cheese will be your go-to. Oh and if you make this expect a repeat performance next year. Everyone will want you to make it again!
Just a couple of notes before we get started:
- Slow cookers vary in cooking times. If you have an older slow cooker you may need to adjust the time a little.
- You should put enough milk to cover the pasta. I use around 2 cups but you may need more or less. Use your best judgement.
- Don’t skimp on the cheese. Buy the best you can find or even better, grate it yourself if you want.
- 3 cups pasta
- 2 cups of mozzarella
- 2 cups cheddar cheeses
- 10 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled. Or bacon bits of your choice.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Spray the bottom and sides of your slow cooker insert
- In a small bow combine your milks and whisk. Add all the other ingredients and stir to combine. Make sure you have enough milk to cover the pasta.
- Add to your slow cooker and cover.
- Cook on high for 1½ hours stirring occasionally. Place the setting on low and cook for an additional 15 to 30 minutes or until all the liquid has absorbed.
Latest posts by Bobbie (see all)
- Awesome Automotive Accessories - Apr 11, 2017
- Getting The Right Automotive Tools For Your Home Garage - Apr 11, 2017
- How To Choose An Internet Automotive Supplier - Apr 11, 2017