It is almost that time of year again. Time for the Maryland State Fair. The festivities kick off on August 28th this year and will run until September 7th.
Located in Timonium, MD the fair draws in nearly a half-million visitors each year. It is not hard to see why when you take a look at all the activities they have going on. It is one of the best summer activities for the whole family!
Of course you can’t go to the fair without checking out all of the AMAZING food they have available. Fair Food has become one of the most popular reasons to visit any fair and food vendors have listened to the masses. They are bringing new and different recipes every year. But what is the best food at the Maryland State Fair? Luckily we have done a lot of research and can bring you the fans faves!
Favorite Foods From The Maryland State Fair
- Deep-fried Berger cookies- Baltimore’s original DeBaufre Bakery cookie dipped in funnel cake batter and deep-fried.
- Yogurt peach sundaes- A hearty bowlful of nonfat soft-serve frozen yogurt topped with locally grown peach slices and whipped cream.
- Giant corn fritter- resh locally grown corn cut into small chunks, dipped in batter, and deep-fried.
Read More HERE
There are a lot of things to do and see in Baltimore, Maryland. Sometimes it is hard to figure out how to spend your day, weekend, or even your week! Baltimore is rich in culture, history, and fun. Below we have listed some of our favorite things to do when we visit Baltimore!
10 Fun Things To Do In Baltimore Maryland
Check out over 16,000 sea creatures, including sharks, dolphins, and tropical fish, at the National Aquarium located in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. Other highlights range from a walk-through rain forest to a live-action show starring very talented dolphins to Animal Planet Australia: Wild Extremes
The state’s oldest scientific institution and one of America’s most venerable, the Maryland Science Center in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor offers innumerable opportunities to learn and be entertained. Don’t miss the permanent hall that shines a bright light on dinosaurs and earth sciences.
An upscale shopping experience beckons at Harbor East. Top shopping can be found at Kashmir Imports, Urban Chic, and Benjamin Lovell Shoes while terrific meals can be enjoyed at Flemings Steakhouse, Chui’s Sushi, and Lebanese Taverna. Rejuvenate your spirit at Spa Sante.
One of the world’s most impressive collections of military vessels awaits you at Historic Ships in Baltimore. Tour the U.S. Sloop-of-War Constellation, the U.S. Submarine Torsk, the U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Taney, and the Lightship Chesapeake. Also on display is the Seven Foot Knoll Lighthouse, which was a beacon for Baltimore Harbor ships for 130 years.
Read more HERE
Summer is almost here and that means road trips and summer vacations. It also means gas prices are going to go up. How do you know you are getting the best mile per gallon in your car? Thankfully Android, iPhone, and Windows 8 Phones have some great gas apps!
Below is a list of the best of the best. Download one of them and start tracking your gas. You may be surprised at what you find out!
Pure Gas– Pure Gas is a simple front end app for the popular website pure-gas.org. You get a list of 100 ethanol-free gas stations sorted nearest to furthest. Just click on the one you like, and get driving directions!
MapQuest Gas Prices– With MapQuest Gas Prices you can:
- Find the cheapest gas price in your area
- Prices frequently updated
- Sort gas stations based on lowest price or distance from you
- Add stations as Favorites, and check which one has the lowest price in an instant!
- Supports many fuel types: Regular, Mid-Grade, Premium, Diesel, and even E-85
- Launch the MapQuest Navigation app to get voice-guided directions to a station
Fuel Calculator– This app will help you to calculate:
- fuel consumption of your car;
- fuel cost and fuel volume, necessary for trip;
- distance, which you can drive after refueling.
Read More at Thomson Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep
I love taking road trips and one of my favorite things in the world is to have a picnic in a little out of the way spot on the way. We all have favorite picnic recipes but I thought I would share a few of my favorites as well as some tips and tricks to have a great picnic wherever you are!
Tips and Tricks:
- Pick the right spot! You want to be somewhere comfortable that has plenty of shade.
- Bring a blanket. Also, a great tip is to sew a shower curtain on one side of your blanket to keep it from getting wet.
- Invest in a basket that can carry all the essentials and your food. You don’t want to have to carry two or three baskets.
- If you don’t have a basket, that is okay. Just pack individual lunches in a brown bag. Attach the silverware to the outside by gluing clothespins to plastic silverware.
- If you run out of containers mason jars will work in a pinch!
- Don’t bring home critters. I know we hate to think about ants, etc but it is the best policy to shake everything out really good before bringing it home.
Cold Rotisserie Chicken– You can purchase one of these at Walmart for around $8.00 and keep it in the refrigerator over-night. In the morning pick it clean and put in a container. You can eat it plain or make it into a sandwich.
Read More at Palmer Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep
Have you ever been on the road and suddenly realized that something you need is not in the car? I can’t count how many times I have been out and couldn’t find my pen that was supposed to be in my purse. Or spilled my coffee and then realized I didn’t have anything to clean it up. It is frustrating to say the least!
I came up with a list of essentials I needed in the car and thought I would share with you. To keep them organized I purchased a storage box with compartments from my local dollar store. I keep it in the back seat so I am always prepared.
- Hand Sanitizer
- hand lotion
- a Tide Pen, for getting out stains immediately when your out
- refills for air-freshener
- Hairbands for ladies and combs for men
- quarters (in a baggie) for the drive-up vacuum cleaners at the car wash
- direction booklet for your Blue Tooth ear piece
- Extra sunglasses
To find out more essentials for your car visit Earnhardt Chrysler, Jeep, and Dodge