When my girls were in school I ran our BoxTops4Education fundraiser. Box Tops are on hundreds of products including- General Mills, Ziploc, Scotts, Green Giant, and many more. You can see all participating products here.
So what do these little “stamps” fund? Well, quite a bit actually. Schools rely on loyalty programs to fund programs that otherwise wouldn’t get money or buy things for the school that isn’t in the budget that year. When I was the coordinator Box Tops money was used for:
1. Field Trip Busses– Our school did not include that in field trip funding. If the kids wanted a bus for a trip it was up to us to make it happen.
2. New Books – Our Box Tops funds were also used to buy books for teachers to have in the classroom. These books were used by the kids during reading time or when kids needed extra help reading.
3. New Technology – This included computers, of course, but one time our funds were used to buy a new speech to text software for a student that had motor disabilities and couldn’t type.
4. To Help Our Families In Need– Box Tops money was also used to help families in need. Our kids and their parents were really good about donating, but sometimes an emergency would come up and we would need extra money.
5. Family Activity Nights – Once a month we would have a family activity for our students. It was a great way to do something fun and for them to spend time with their parents. Some of them included- 50’s Sock Hop, Christmas Bingo, Scrapbook night, and Movie Night.
A lot of the things we did would not be possible if it wasn’t for loyalty programs like Box Tops. It is such a simple thing to do and it makes a world of difference to the school. In fact in some schools it can be the difference between new books and none.
How Do I Collect Box Tops For My School
It is really easy! Just find participating products at your local stores, like Food Lion. Cut the box tops up and send them to your childs school.
Each box top is worth 10 cents. Trust me, they add up quickly! Especially if you have fun contests. We did grade level contests and the grade that brought in the most box tops would get a pizza day, a movie day, or an ice cream social. It was a great way to get box tops and reward the kids for helping us!
You can also get extra box tops with brand or store promotions. Food Lion has a great one going on right now! Here are the details:
Get 20 Bonus Box Tops ($2.00 value to BTFE eligible school) when you buy ANY 5 participating General Mills products in a single shopping, visit using your personal MVP card between 1/7-1/13 AND be automatically entered for a chance to win 100,000 Bonus Box Tops ($10,000 value to BTFE eligible school).
To get you started, I have a giveaway for a $50.00 Food Lion gift card! Just enter below and remember to save them box tops! Even if you don’t have kids in school there is a school around you that needs them. It is a great donation and really helps them out!
Latest posts by Bobbie (see all)
- Your Dog and Road Trips - Jun 3, 2019
- Road Tripping With Kids and Preserving Your Sanity - Jun 3, 2019
- Car Maintenance Tips For A Safer Road Trip - Jun 3, 2019