When I think of comfort food recipes I think of the common bond that unites most of the world. Most people, whether you are American, Canadian, etc, has some sort of comfort food that reminds them of a happy time in their life. It can be sitting around the table with your parents when you were young or maybe the first dish you shared with a significant other. Whatever the occasion eating a certain food will sometimes evoke memories of a happy time. That is true comfort food.
I found a bunch of comfort food recipes when I was searching for some new ones for this fall. I found a lot of tried and true but I also found ones with a twist. They may have kicked the ingredients up a notch, added new ingredients, or presented it with a different flair. No matter that reasons, these recipes stood out to me. They are what I like to call comfort food recipes with class.
I was curious to know what comfort foods ranked in the US. So I went for a search and found the top 5 comfort foods. I wasn’t too surprised by the list because some of them are my favorites!
The top 5 comfort foods in the US are:
- French Fries
- Grilled Cheese
- Chicken Noodle Soup
I don’t think I have ever met someone that didn’t like pizza! So it wasn’t surprising that was number 1. Sometimes comfort foods can get a little ho-hum, no matter how many happy memories they bring back. Sometimes you may find yourself thinking “Ugh, mac-n-cheese again?”. That is when you need a twist. Something to make it different and enticing. That is when you need class.
Unfortunately due to copyrights, etc, etc, I couldn’t add pics. But here are some recipes that will make comfort foods a little less ho-hum and add a little class. Some are just amped up, some have different ingredients, and some are just presented different but all of them will add a little class to that crisp fall night!
Comfort Food Recipes
- Jalapeno Cornbread Crusted Shrimp Tostadas
- Coffee Rub Roasted Chicken
- Fried Oyster B-L-T
- Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
- Hawaiian Shoyu Hot Dogs
- Soft Pretzel Bites
- Spinach Tomato Tortellini
- Garlic Rosemary Baked Steak Fries
- Veggie Protein Tacos with Avocado Lime Cream
- Buffalo Cauli-Tots
- Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Pizza
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Home-Made Mac and Cheese
- Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Pot Roast Sliders with Sriracha Aioli
- Home-Made Chicken Pot Pie
- Limoncello Apple Fritters
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chips Cookies
- French Onion Soup
- Creamy Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
- Hungarian Chicken Paprika
- Sweet Potato and Mozzarella Egg Skillet
- Homemade Beignets
- Semolina Flour Gnocchi with Ham
And to round out the list here are some of my favorite comfort food recipes on the blog!
There you have it! Comfort foods with class! I know my family will definitely be trying some of these this fall and winter season. I can imagine bundling up in my favorite blanket eating a crock of french onion soup or maybe enjoying a homemade beignets with my hot chocolate. That sounds oh so comforting to me!
What are some of your favorite comfort food recipes?
Love this post? Please share it with your friends!
Latest posts by Bobbie (see all)
- Teen Have A Learners Permit? How To Get Them Insured - Jul 5, 2019
- Keep Your Car Cool This Summer - Jul 5, 2019
- How To Maintain Your Car In The Summer - Jul 5, 2019