I talk a lot about road trips on the blog. I guess it is because I take a lot of them when the weather starts to turn warm. Now that my girls are teens it is so much easier to just hop in the car and hit the road. I have also had a couple of lists for road trips but thanks to you, my readers I have another list for you! Thank you so much for sharing your tips with me!
- Make sure your vehicle is in sound working order – a cracked timing belt could be the difference between a great road trip and a hellish nightmare. Have your vehicle inspected before pulling out of the driveway; Or, do it yourself if mechanically inclined. Check the lights, directionals, wiper blades, and fluid levels and closely inspect the belts and hoses for wear and tear.
- Check that you have a fully intact car jack. A flat tire is not the time to discover you have a car jack but no lug wrench.
- Carefully examine the spare tire, ensuring that it’s fully inflated and the treads are in good condition.
- Organize an emergency kit stocked with: bottled water, first aid items (band aids, gauze pads, sterile pads), rain jacket, blanket, lightsticks or flashlight, pocket knife, and one or two energy bars. Pack only essentials. The more compact, the easier it is to store.
- Check that your mobile phone is in sound working order. Also, be aware if your provider charges roaming fees. If roaming fees are a concern, consider using a phone card.
- Carry either a road atlas or a GPS device. If you know your route, check ahead for possible construction delays. Department of Transportation websites are great sources for road information, providing construction updates, weather forecasts and sometimes live webcams.
- Peace of mind is a good thing to have on the road. Subscribe to a car club that offers roadside assistance. If your vehicle breaks down 700 miles from home, it’s comforting to have access to a list of trusted mechanics and towing companies.
- Download road apps. GasBuddy, for example, directs you to the cheapest gas prices along your route.
- If you intend on camping, call ahead and inquire about reservations. This is especially important if you’re traveling during holiday weekends.
- Anticipate rush hour traffic when traveling through major cities. Either alter your route or change your timing so as to drive through during late morning or early afternoon. Especially in LA. Rush hour is an absolute nightmare!
- Make sure you’re carrying all important driving documents: proof of car insurance, vehicle registration. and driver’s license.
- Be aware of state texting and cell phone laws. Maryland, for example, has a strict no texting, no cell phone use while driving. I know people that have gotten some hefty fines for breaking this law!
- Make sure all traffic tickets are paid. The cleaner the driving record the better for you if stopped. If you have too many you may be arrested and have your car impounded. That would definitely not be fun!
Are you tired of winter yet? I am! It is getting colder here and tonight there is talk of snow! Of course, we couldn’t get snow during Christmas. It has to snow when we don’t want it to! All I can do is dream of spring, getting in the car with the windows rolled down, and taking off for a picnic in one of our amazing parks!
If you are going on a picnic you need a couple of things!
- A blanket
- Plates, napkins, and silverware
- Amazing food!
I have you covered in the food department and have found 5 of the best picnic recipes out there! Any of these are sure to please and will make your picnic extra special. So leave all the cold and snow behind and dream a little with me!
- Sweet BBQ Chicken Sliders– These are perfect for a picnic because not only do they taste great but they scream spring and summer! So even if you don’t live in the BBQ capitol of the world, you can feel like you do!
- Tarragon Chicken Salad– Whether it is served on rolls or in a lettuce cup, this chicken salad is sure to please! It would give any food truck a run for its money!
- Classic Southern Fried Chicken– Nothing screams picnic like fried chicken! Sure you could stop at KFC on your way there but why? You can make beautiful, golden, delicious chicken at home! You can even serve it the way my Grandmother did. Cold with a glass of ice-cold lemonade. Nothing beats that on a spring day!
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad– You can’t have a picnic without an amazing pasta salad. This is BIG step up from Macaroni salad!
- Pinata Cupcakes– You can’t have all this amazing food without dessert! You need something easy and portable. These Pinata Cupcakes are easy to make with a fun surprise in the middle! It is sure to make your picnic extra fun!
A great picnic is only a drive away! You just need good food and good people!
When you look at a Jeep you think about all the rugged places you could go. Off road, in the mud, or even maybe high in the mountains. Sounds like a couples car or even for you daring singles. But the new Jeep Wrangler is different. It even has a 4-door option for families. Below I have 5 reasons to buy a Jeep Wrangler this winter.
1) Available Four-Door Model
Although the two-door model may not be the best choice for families, the available four-door version provides enough interior room to satisfy most parents. The four-door design allows everyone in the crew to experience the fun of riding in a Jeep Wrangler. It is a great choice for the drivers who love taking road trips with a group of friends.
2) Great for Traveling in Snow
Unlike the average sedan, the Wrangler can handle relatively deep snow with no problem. The robust all-wheel drive system gives the SUV superb traction in bad weather. The Wrangler’s outstanding amount of ground clearance will certainly come in handy during emergency situations.
3) Convenient Features
Several high-end features are offered on the new Wrangler. Travelers will love the simplicity of the touch-screen navigation system. Adventure seekers will also find the 115-volt power outlet to be extremely convenient when camping. The available tow hooks come in handy for pulling other vehicles out of deep snow and mud. Some of the other noteworthy features include an auto-dimming rear-view mirror, an Alpine sound system, and leather seating.
4) Excellent Cargo Capacity
With the rear seats folded down, the two-door Wrangler’s cargo capacity expands to 55.8 feet. However, the four-door model is even more impressive with a total cargo area of over 70 feet.
5) Fun Driving Experience
Drivers who crave adventure will find the Wrangler to be a very entertaining vehicle. While the SUV performs adequately on the street, it really steps up the level of fun when traveling off-road.
*WAVES ENTHUSIASTICALLY* Hi everyone! It has been a long time since I have been in this space. Things have been so crazy the past 7 weeks. I have been getting ready for my biggest travel gig of my blogging career, a cruise! It was amazing and I can’t wait to tell everyone all about it. I am hoping this will open more doors for me. As if that wasn’t big enough, I started my own craft business and that has kept me extra busy. Things have been looking up and I am hoping maybe to do another LA trip with Disney sometime. That would be AMAZING! But, first I am going to show you Baby Dory. OMG, have you ever seen anything so a-Dory-able? I swear, no lie, I am going to find a stuffed animal because I have to have baby Dory!
We are one of the handfuls of people that haven’t seen the movie yet 🙁 But we are going this weekend and I can’t wait! I know it is going to be amazing, funny, and probably just a little sad but I can handle that! We still watch Finding Nemo a couple of times a year and I am excited to see Dory’s story continue.
Dory is in theaters right now! For those that haven’t seen it I have a little teaser clip of baby Dory. Watch this and tell me you don’t want to bring her home!
SEEEEEEEE! How cute is that? I want to just squeee over her!
Like FINDING DORY on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PixarFindingDory
Follow FINDING DORY on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FindingDory
Follow Disney/Pixar on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/PixarFindingDory/
Mother’s Day is right around the corner. I will admit that it snuck up on me rather quickly. My Mom has been sick for several months and this Mother’s Day I want to treat her as awesome as she is. Which is no small feat. My Mom is like super awesome! So what is a daughter to do? Easy! Call in ProFlowers and the super amazing movie Mother’s Day!
Mother’s Day actually featured the gorgeous arrangement above in the movie. If you haven’t seen the movie I highly recommend it! It stars Jennifer Aniston, Kate Hudson, Julia Roberts and Jason Sudeikis. It also features; Timothy Olyphant, Britt Robertson, Héctor Elizondo, Jack Whitehall and Jon Lovitz. With a cast like that, the movie has to phenomenal!
As Mother’s Day draws close, a group of seemingly unconnected people come to terms with the relationships they have with their mothers. Sandy (Jennifer Aniston) is a divorced mother of two boys whose ex-husband has recently remarried a younger woman named Tina (Shay Mitchell). Miranda (Julia Roberts) is an accomplished writer who gave up her only child, Kristin (Britt Robertson) for adoption at birth. But as a grown-up Kristin prepares herself for marriage, she begins to contemplate the missing part in her life and is encouraged by her friend, Jesse (Kate Hudson), to go out and find her mother. Meanwhile, Jesse, who never sees her mother, is surprised by her parents when they come to visit and must come to terms with their failing relationship.
Bring kleenex and prepare to laugh! Of course with all of those mother’s featured there has to be flowers and ProFlowers is the front runner! I normally don’t go gaga for flowers, in fact, my girls don’t give me flowers because they don’t wow me. But these flowers? They honestly wowed me and I am not just saying that. They are stunningly beautiful and smell sooo good! My Mom cried when she saw them. They really brightened her day.
What I also loved about the delivery is that they send them closed. You remove the outer petals, put luke warm water in the vase, cut 1 inch off of them, and then add the packet of food. Within 24 hours they will blossom into the most exquisite bouquet you have ever seen. It has been a week and they are still going strong. My Mom just loves them!
You can order the same bouquet I received HERE.
Another closeup of the gorgeous blooms:
I received the Mother’s Day bouquet in exchange for my honest opinion. All opinions are my own and 100% honest. I received no other compensation for my post.